While doing some reading I came across some fun dog facts. I just want to share a few.
- 1 out of every 2 dog owners would rather be stuck on a desert island with their dog than another person. Hmm....
- 15% of dogs sleep in their owner’s bed and another 20% sleep in the same room.
- The most tennis balls ever held in a dog’s mouth was 5. This was accomplished by a golden retriever named Augie. My golden retriever somehow managed to get three in his mouth at once!
- Dogs can be trained to smell the presence of diabetes in humans and are correct 90% of the time.
- Dogs can smile. Dogs relax when they are happy which causes their mouth to open showing their teeth and looking like a smile.
- Puppies do not wag their tails until they are about 3 weeks old and some take as long as 7 weeks. They are born with their eyes closed and cannot see or hear for approx 3 weeks. They also learn to walk around that same time.
- Dogs have 3 main ways they wag their tails…a tail that wags high and rigid means the dog is aggravated. A tail that wags low and fast means the dog is scared. A tail that is mid-level and relaxed while wagging means happiness :)